My Tuya/Smartlife does not appear in the results list when I want to connect it
- To avoid misunderstandings: Smartlife is a clone of Tuya. All instructions for Tuya also apply to Smartlife. You can even connect your Smartlife devices via the original Tuya app.
- Tuya offers 2 APIs.
- V 1 is the older one and will be discontinued sooner or later, according to Tuya.
- V 2 is the newer one and offers a little faster response and stability. In principle, you can use both. But experience has shown us that some lights are not supported by V2. However, due to the diversity of producers, we cannot say which device is not supported by Tuya API V2.
- Make sure that your computer and your Tuya/Smartlife device are connected directly to the same router and no switch or similar network device in between.
- If you have a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network, please turn this off. Sometimes 2.4 GHz devices do not get along with it.
- Connect your computer to the network via Wi-Fi. Sometimes routers block the detection of Ethernet to Wi-Fi and vice versa.
- You can also temporarily install Lumia Stream on a laptop and connect it to the router. However, please do not use 2 Lumia Stream instances at the same time.
- If you find your devices with this method, you can switch back to an Ethernet connection.
- Make sure that no one else in the household is currently operating the devices via the Tuya/Smartlife app. You can’t use the Tuya/Smartlife app and Lumia Stream app at the same time.
- Restart Lumia Stream
- Restart your PC
I have created an IoT account and entered all credentials correctly in Lumia Stream. However, Lumia Stream still reports that my credentials are not correct.
- Go through the tutorial video step by step again. Maybe you missed something.
- Make sure you have selected the right data center. Use the following link to find the right data center for your location: https://github.com/tuya/tuya-home-assistant/blob/main/docs/regions_dataCenters.md
- Check if your Device Permissions are set to "Read, write, and Manage" on the IoT page.
- If not:
- Go to the "Link Tuya App Account" tab
- Click "Manage Devices"
- Then click "Modify". Here you can set the permissions.
- If not:
- Check if you see your devices in the "All Devices" list.
- Check if the IoT page can control your devices.
- To do this
- Go to "Debug Device" for one of your devices
- Now switch to the device you want to check in the left list and click on the tab "Device Debugging"
- Here you just click the ON/OFF button
- At the bottom right click on "Send Instructions"
- Does your device turn on or off? If it does not respond, it could be that it is not supported by the API V2.
- If you are convinced that this should not be the case, please contact Tuya Support with your problem.
- To do this
- Try to connect your device with API V1 in Lumia Stream. If this works without problems, your device may not be supported by API V2.
I followed all steps but still can’t get my devices to work
- Perform a hard reset:
- Open your Tuya/Smartlife app
- Select the device you want to remove
- Go to the menu in the upper right corner
- Click on "Remove this device" at the bottom
- After that, a selection appears on whether only the device should be disconnected or also the data should be deleted
- Select "Disconnect and wipe data"
- Now reconnect your device according to the instructions.
I can connect my devices, but they keep disappearing from the connection again
- After connecting your devices to Lumia Stream, please give them a static IP in your router. Some routers are set to reboot every 24 hours and give connected devices a new IP. Lumia Stream will not be informed about this and therefore will not be able to recognize the devices.
My devices are successfully connected to Lumia Stream. However, they sometimes stop working. Especially after an alert or command that involves a reaction or animation.
- Most likely you are using too fast light changes. Please note that Tuya/Smartlife is cloud controlled. Set your light changes to no more than 1 per second.